Kent Healthy Schools: Getting Started
If you are interested in getting involved in the Kent Healthy Schools Programme the first step is to contact your local co-ordinator. They will be able to help you decide the best initial approach.
Once you begin the main steps are:
- Secure senior management team commitment
- Establish a working group
- Undertake a self review using the Kent Self-Review Audit Tool
- Download the MS Word version of the above document to fill in electronically Kent Self-Review Audit Tool. To use this document, first save it by 'right' clicking on the document link. Select 'Save Target As..' and download to the destination of your choice.
- Produce an Action Plan (as part of your overall School Improvement Plan) using the Action Plan Guidance & Templates
- Send completed and signed copy of the Self-Review Audit and summary Action Plan to your Local Coordinator
- Implement and monitor the plan
- Identify evidence and good practice in relation to the four themes
- Request validation when ready.
Validation will be either via self-validation or through a planned visit by a small team from the local programme. There will also be quality assurance visits to a number of schools from the National Healthy Schools Team.